Open Friendly Matches
BRETTON AND DISTRICT BOWLS CLUB
OPEN FRIENDLY MATCHES
Over the past few years we have seen a number of Friendly games cancelled due to opposing teams not being able to field enough people. We find this disappointing both as a club and also as individual players. We feel that Friendly games are an important part of the bowling scene, particularly helping new players to become familiar with the intricacies of the game.
As well as the usual Friendly games, Bretton Bowls Club also like to offer something different.
We are planning to hold “OPEN FRIENDLY MATCHES” during the present season which will be based on the following format.
- Teams of three players from any club or individuals who wish to take part.
- Clubs may have more than one team in any match
- There will be a maximum of 12 teams per match.
- The match will consist of two 8-end sessions.
- At the start of each session there will be a draw to decide which teams will be playing each other. Where possible, steps will be taken to ensure teams from the same club are not playing against each other.
- As per the usual open matches there will be one point awarded for each end won and two points for the best overall score.
- Between the two sessions there will be the usual break for tea, biscuits and a raffle.
- There will be no entry fees and no prizes. We only ask that everyone who takes part donates £2 to the Club’s chosen charity (Diabetes UK)
- The normal white and grey dress code is preferred, but not essential.
- Team places will be on a strictly first come basis. In fairness for everyone please do not reserve places unless you are certain you have committed players.
We hope this will appeal to:
- Clubs and new club members who do not normally take part in friendly games but would like to have some experience of matches without the pressures of the formal league.
- Clubs who are struggling to find sufficient members for the usual 9 player friendly games.
THE 2021 OPEN FRIENDLY MATCHES will be on:
- WEDNESDAY 14TH JULY AT 2pm
- WEDNESDAY 18TH AUGUST AT 2pm
If your club or any of your members would like to submit a team(s) to either of the above matches please contact:
Terry or Sadie Stratton
Tel: 01733 268456